PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2008, 21:07
standbyils

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Astraeus will not disadvantage any of it's own pilots and are not required to by the contract in place. This means that any AEU pilot wishing to bid for LHR will be given preference, including those only rated on the B737. As the AEU B737 fleet is due to reduce I expect that there will be many UK based pilots interested in the LHR base.

The other thing to note here is that AEU have been operating 5 B757s for some time, so one would imagine that the aircraft are already crewed up. The bmi operation does not require AEU to add to it's B757 fleet.

Whilst the company has been through some extreme change, the investment from their backers and the new contracts in place surely mean that those who are there (having seen it through the difficult times) will stay.

Also, I understand there are a handful of AEU F/Os up for command on the B757.

If AEU had to go into the market place for pilots to crew the bmi operation, then it would make sense to use anything bmi could offer; captains and F/Os.

I know for a fact that there are AEU B757 pilots who would be better placed with a commute to LHR rather than LGW.

Good luck to the management on both sides in sorting this one.