PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - most dangerous thing about A320 family...
Old 1st Mar 2008, 20:44
Milt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like Airbus and their TPs have come up with a compromise with their dual side stick controllers which has some unsatisfactory results during impromptu changes of command.

Until there is a better system there should be more emphasis in the simulators on this aspect so captains become intuitive and know what to expect in unusual circumstances particularly at critical stages of flight.

Is there a way other than this thread for those who have problems to arrange constructive feed back which will reach Airbus and the Regulatory Authorities.?

Once took over control from a beginner in the right seat of a C47/DC3 who had wound in a lot of left aileron against the auto pilot. I reacted with an equal amout of right aileron and the aircraft flew gaily straight and level. Diconnected the A/P and we each wound in full opposite aileron against each other with no reaction from the Gooney. I made a very careful straight in approach to land ASAP and declared that something was very wrong with that one. But the next one was just the same. They all did it because there was enough stretch in the correctly rigged control wires. Now I wonder why I didn't try the same thing in pitch. So - it is not a new problem for FBW and dual side sticks.