PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Sponsorship Scheme
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2008, 17:53
BerksFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They do pay for University though (in Scotland anyway), they don't only pay for it, they give you a nice bursary every year also!

I'm going to be contacting the Scottish Education Minister this year to find out why they wont pay for the ATPL theory courses within Scotland, especiall with colleges such as Glasgow Nautical doing this course.
I'm fully aware of this. They pay for your school meals aswell in Scotland I believe. However in England it's all very different. The universities can't wait to fail people so that more tuition fees and accomodation fees have to be paid. It's a huge repellent for me to go to uni (the money hindrance) seeing as I've always wanted to be a pilot and this is just one of the many reasons why not to go. Pathetic really seeing as Brown wants 50% to attend uni in the future. Why not make uni free in England aswell!? He's a farce.

Just as a passing thought - If I were to go to, say, Edinburgh for university, would I qualify for the bursaries and would it all be paid for me considering I'm English?

I'm sure if you got free ATPL theory up in Scotland, all of us student pilots would rush up north of the border