PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Cabair First officer direct respected???
Old 1st Mar 2008, 12:36
woskam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbuslit,

I attended Cabair assessment this week and I was offered a place to start in July, but I have upcoming assessments with CTC and OAA, so I'm having the same thoughts as you in regards to which school would be best for me.
The conclusions I have come to are that (as pointed out by SkyCamMK) the FTOs are in this for the money at the end of the day, and marketing forms a key part of their business as they rely on a steady intake of students. With this in mind I've started looking beyond the marketing and looking at what you get for your money, how the course is structured etc and trying to decide which school I'd fit in at. For example, Cabair have a well structured course but don't include a type rating, whereas CTC do. But then the CTC course requires you to spend 12 months in New Zealand - something I'd love but I guess it's down to individual circumstances.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that rather than being influenced by the marketing spin that each FTO puts on its information, look a little deeper to see which course would suit you better. At the end of the day, all graduates of all FTOs leave with the same license...