PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2008, 09:15
Dis Gruntled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've given them offers of help and publicity and they've ignored them. I've had my photographs sold and published without my permission, and I've wasted plenty of time going round in circles
Yourself and many many others Tim.

My point about the HLF is that they have huge amounts of money to spend and they could easily finance the aircraft at least for this year, on the grounds that they've already enabled the aircraft to get this far, therefore it would be complete folly to abandon the aircraft at this late stage. I agree it could look like a case of proverbially prolonging the agony, but there is no "agony" if HLF's input enabled the aircraft to fly.
Only one draw back with this I can see, by the time they get new people through the vulcan course and authorised, then the aircraft made serviceable and ALL the independent checks done again, then permit to fly, then permit to display, and not to forget trying to convince oem's and outside support services that it is now being run professionally and they will be paid, I'm afraid you could probably forget this season.
Also you say if the HLF's input enabled the aircraft too fly, that sir is one huge IF.

TVOC currently has many more issues clouding it than funding, and that is why personally I would implore people to keep their hands firmly in their pockets.
Ron I could not agree with you more its a travesty that it has gone down this route but as we both know its the only way forward.

Dave