PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not a hope in ppl
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2008, 08:30
Prangster

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Not a hope in ppl

To answer the many questions arising. Am I sure the GP won't sign NPPL forms answer is yes darn sure, I've asked him her and a locum! As to why I'm bent on persuing this, like most things in life it goes back a long way 17 to be precise, staff cadet on a gliding school and bogging about in AEF Chipmunks. In those happy days the AEF's ran I think a small 8 part syllabus for senior cadets and to my utter chagrin already being on the waiting list for heart surgery CFI casually mentions to my CO that 'I' meet lots of good pilots but few naturals, that lads one of em'. Boys, it still bug me. Gliding isn't an option as I can't spare the time at weekends and need a bookable weekday system. I did dabble at Gamston gliding club coming back to solo standard PDQ. Happily I was able to bring their eviction from theri much loved site to the BBC's attention and we made a short film about the situation. (not that it stopped them being evicted) Time constraints mitigate against 'standing around' all weekend (all right I know we all do) but you get the point. You have all been most helpful and I thank you for the pointers I will stick my toes in the water and see what happens. Thankyou all.