PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aus Customs
Thread: Aus Customs
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2008, 03:08
RedTBar
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a copious amount of detailed research and data into encryption technologies as applied by some of the brightest computer science minds on the planet all freely available on the internet. I suggest you go read some of it.
Hof,if you think all the bright ones are not employed by the gov think again.A very good friend of mine who will forget more about computers and software than I will ever know is employed by our guys and not the US.

I suggest you read what the NSA is capable of in regards to intercepting and breaking down info.

Of course if it's just a few pics of your wife in front of the fire or a personal email then I don't think they would bother going very far.On the other hand if they think you might have had a change of religion and hold certain views then anything is possible.So if you think that customs/AFP don't have access to some very smart people with a lot of time on their hands you kidding yourself.

However,re-read my post about being charged with hindering an official request/inspection if you don't tell them the code or password.Nothing different from refusing to open your bag.

Don't take my word though Hof and next time your entering the country show us what you are made of and refuse to co-operate with customs.I look forward to reading about it.