PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commentary on "The Good Old Days" of Airline Travel
Old 29th Feb 2008, 21:59
Lobo3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel A Look Back is Depressing!

When one such as myself does a (look back) in aviation,it really is sad to think of the Major Changes that have come to pass,what with Terrorism and other Frightening things out there in the World! The old chestnut"You can't Go Back"is sadly all too real in this instant! I am sure that everyone will agree with me when I say that Airplanes Belong in the Sky doing whatever job is being asked of them and they do look better when they are whole,working at optimum levels and of course"FLYING"! It is not cool to see an airplane DOWN,I love to see em working and there are people out there that really really want to bring these works of art to harm! It was always a pleasure to travel back in the day! Remember always being asked if all was well and what can be done to make this trip a success! The food was first class all the way,I honestly do not remember a bad meal or for that matter flight! As a child I was always welcome in the Cocpit,I am also a past member of the B.O.A.C.Junior Jet Club! My Log-book is full of memories and I would not be suprised to learn that some of the Pilots that signed my Log-book would like a look at those flights and all of the interesting things that went on in those times so long ago! Any how just a quick Thank You to all of those Gentlemen and one Lady Captain who helped a kid get into flying and all else that comes with!