PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay pilot 'sacked for Top Gun stunt'
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2008, 18:53
Pugilistic Animus

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Angel

Larry in TN

--- I've conceded multiple times to the illegality of this action
and the appropriate approval process should've been followed....

I'm grateful, for the conservatism and self checking done in the pilot community in order to enhance safety---perhaps the event even went a little beyond some 'beaurocratic handwaving excercises' concerning briefings etc...but, as you know we are all naughty immature little children who must be watched by the Administrator

So, my posting of 91.117, was a bit a foot stomping display on my behalf...

---as was my reference to 91.13 [to non-US pilots reckless and careless operation] and non-FAA ATPL was also a little off the cuff sarcasm---as is the statement that follows---but yes we SHOULD INDEED adhere to the regulations of the region in which we operate---

Irony---that under our FAR 91.111 two captains on delivery flights with non-fare paying pax can conspire to fly in formation as long as:
91.111 Operating near other aircraft.

(a) No person may operate an aircraft so close to another aircraft as to create a collision hazard.
(b) No person may operate an aircraft in formation flight except by arrangement with the pilot in command of each aircraft in the formation.
(c) No person may operate an aircraft, carrying passengers for hire, in formation flight.

I must reiterate so as not to betray the conservatism I like to demonstrate regarding safety---

"What's Safe Isn't Always Legal and What's legal is Always Safe"---but There's Plenty of Safe/Legal Fun out there for All

PA