PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I wanna buy an aerobatic airplane
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2008, 17:49
andrepilota

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
figures?

thanks gents,

i appreciate your replies,but can anybody give me some figures about money?

at the mo i`ve only done some basic aerobatics on a SF260,just 6 hours,but I have a few wealthy colleagues (i work as ATCO) that would be potential partners in purchasing an aerobatic plane,and I say again,I just would like to have an idea,to see whether it s a thing doable or not.

Of course I haven`t taken into account the performances,I just want to make up my mind on prices for the mo.

what would be the difference in flying aerobatics on a pitts (i.e. conventional airplane) or on a pioneer 330 (which is ultralight) ? Seriously, if you can ask that question, you're not ready to buy your own aerobatic aircraft yet because you don't know enough about them. You may end up buying something that's not suited to what you want to, or can, do.
pitts2112,i didn`t mean the difference in PERFORMANCES,i only meant about prices,costs of maintenance,rules,regulations,insurance(as the pioneer is an ultralight whereas the pitts is not).that`s it.

Foxthreekill,could you give me a rough idea of the costs involved in the ownership of such a plane (pitts in this case)?

how much do you pay for insurance per year?how about maintenance?what are the compulsory checks and inspections (overhauls of the engine)?how often do they have to be done and how much they cost?

As far as i know having an ultralight makes it a lot easier (and cheaper as well),but since I`ve never owned a plane I really have no idea on what the prices could be.

I really also appreciate pm if u guys want to be more specific on names or useul tips.

blue skies.

G.