PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Wish I Hadn't Said That ...
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2008, 16:25
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 132 Likes on 95 Posts
Waddington....very recently. Asked to assist some very nice and very clever people from L'borough who wanted some scrap items, valves and suchlike for their test rigs. They duly arrive with pristine tool kit, get a very quick " intro to engineering" course and are let loose under a discreet eye on the a/c. Watched with bemused interest as the "how many scientists does it take" etc is played out for real...three to remove one bolt...one watching... in this case....but all ends in success.

Start a de brief chat along the lines of "engineering is easy, any fool can do it" as a light hearted intro....and get an interesting and serious reply along the lines of "we don't design aircraft for access do we"....yours truly duly concurs here..."with some feeling " ....and your man duly says "I / we have really learnt a lot today"....which was a very positive outcome I feel...however... I then proceed to comment along the lines of they have, but it will take another 50 yrs before the etc, etc in senior management do so...offer further opinions of senior "management " to support past views etc.

Little voice from the team in front of me...."Actually, I am senior management".....

All ended happily though....fascinating guys doing some equally fascinating work which may ultimately benefit a lot of people on here... both air and ground