PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2008, 14:49
onion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Groundhand all what you say is right but the big thing missing here is that you have to give the airlines something as well to bring the routes in. Maybe something like no landing fees for an extended period (I know it happens already but im talking increasing the amount of time the offer is on for). We've seen it before that people will use a service, but it take time to build it up, especially at MME where the airport puts very little into advertising a route outside of the airport itself. Giving the airlines an incentive to stay just a little longer could of seen routes "take off". Other ideas could be the airport blocking routes that are doomed to fail from the start to protect the name of the airport. For example Gatwick 6 times a week was never going to work, where as a smaller aircraft twice a day is better suited. Or the Brussels that left to late in the morning and arrived back to late, I'm sure if that service left an hour earlier pax numbers would of been higher. I know there are other influences at work, but common sense seems not to exist in the higher managment at MME.

Paarmo scanners are illegal, it just something they don't generally enforce.