PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Constant referring to old threads and posts!
Old 29th Feb 2008, 13:22
SimonCFI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

I can see both sides on this. It gets old to hear the same questions again and again.
But then the search engine has its troubles with short terms like CFI, CV, R22,... and that might make things difficult for some people (especially the ones new to the whole thing). Also if you look for things like "job prospects" you will find posts from 2000 or older. Also if somebody just has a simple question, he/she might not have the time to look through 69 pages of posts to probably find an answer.
I always try to find things with the search engine and I have to say, most of the time it works, but other times it doesn't.
So here is a sugestion: if you are really that offended by people posting the same threads over and over again, ignore it. It's a free world, you don't have to answer the question. If the person really just is lazy and doesn't want to use the search engine, fine, there are 2 options now. One: the person will get an answer from somebody who doesn't mind writing things again, or two: no answer, so if the question is important enough the use of the search engine will eventually become necessary.
If I have time, I'll write you an answer if I know it. But usually by the time I read it, somebody else already answered it, which makes me believe that this forum works really good and that there are people out there who just anwer a question if they see one without any unnecessary comments!
And while I am writing this: Thanks to all of you for all the good advice to be found in here! I appreciate it !