PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Cabair First officer direct respected???
Old 29th Feb 2008, 12:52
chris-squire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The assessment day is fine. I quite enjoyed mine once the Maths & Physics exams were over. You do those 1st thing so PILAPT after lunch and then Interview at the end just to assess your personality and get a bit of background info about you. Its fine honestly.

I'm 22, working as an accountant (for the next 2 weeks anyway!) so good mental maths skills but found that I had to work hard on revising the GCSE Maths and Physics because I haven't done it in 6 years.

My circumstances are much different. Have a long terms girlfriend but no kids and we dont live together so my choices were much broader. Cabair is a good FTO. I've literally only just started with them and am happy thus far. Spoke to a few mates who have been to a variety of FTO's and the common thought is that you need to go somewhere that you are happy with, provides the best quality of training you can afford and ultimately make you the best pilot that you can be. From what I've heard Airlines respect hard work, sound piloting ability and your overall personality above the name of your chosen FTO.

If you need any info on CCAT PM me.

CS