PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - White Pilots Association
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2008, 08:39
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am SO not going there!

We have enough trouble as things now stand with operating in the Third World without someone taking the lid off this box of troubles.

I had my fill of people in Nigeria seeming to think there was one standard for the natives and another for everyone else. There would be the odd shouting match on the Tower freq. there at Lagos over such issues as "right-of-way" when it turned out that it was actually the aircraft on the left that had the r.-o.-w. depending on who was driving - same as out there on the Agege Motor Road, actually!

Even as a joke to bring this up is just insane. Funny, okay, but mainly something to shove to the back of the stove, I think.

You guys in SA sure do have more than your share of trouble coming up, I think. It's a real shame that just as you are making such progress in overcoming all the problems fostered by white racism since 1947, at least, here come rather predictable problems from the other end of the racial spectrum.

We are agog at the spectacle of a man who thinks that taking a shower is the way to avoid a rather severe case of "Cupid's measles". This is your new Head of State in waiting? Good luck with this one!

I think it's going to get worse before it gets better as your wasters all fight to get their trotters into the trough, and what you can do about that is a very good question! There's an automatic assumption that you are all "rooinecks" down there, so that making jokes like this one really is playing with fire. You must be able to find a better way forward than this because it just plays to the stereotype.