PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hampstead Norris & Firs Farm
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2008, 21:08
rans6andrew

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
BFA, I fly from Brimpton, which you will find in the Pooleys and VFR guides and on the charts. There is a club but no training facility or aircraft hire. There are a couple of syndicates but I have no idea if they are full at present. There is another airfield with a crowd of users on the eastern edge of Thatcham (Siege Cross), I don't know who operates it but I can find out if you need to know. I am fairly sure that there are only private aircraft owners there, no training or hire facilities. Moving further out there is Popham, Chiltern Park and Bourne Park. Popham has microlight training and GA, Chiltern Park has a microlight school. I don't know what is at Bourne Park other than a few private aircraft and a restoration business.

I guess it all depends upon what you want to do. If you have a GA aircraft and just want somewhere to park it sometimes then I guess all of the sites is good enough. If you want to hire a GA aircraft then you may be out of luck. If you have a microlight of your own then all of them may do. If you just want to go somewhere to chill out, have a cuppa and see a few aircraft I would look to Brimpton and Popham. Chiltern Park has a club room but it was empty on both occasions that I have been there. I don't think Siege Cross has a club house but stand to be corrected.

Do you fly? What? Have you access to one? Tell us more.