PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2008, 19:50
Exrigger

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Bearing in mind the diverse range of comments and putting to one side the anomalies re Mr Pleming and forums, it is true that the project would not be where it is if it were not for the club members, supporters, the general public directly or through the lottery, and as I said earlier the engineers who carried out the restoration.

Never forget the massive achievement to reach first flight of this type of aircraft and the support from OEMs, CAA, Marshalls etc to help achieve that, but let’s agree that TVOC management should have done/could do more to help the very people that support this project to help them.

If at the end of the day it goes wrong and the impossible dream turns out to be exactly that then at least those members and supporters will know they have done everything they could possibly do to keep that dream alive.

To those who have been upset by an over enthusiastic e-mail/letter overload, please believe it was not done out of malice and please do not turn your backs on the project because of it.

I do not want to be seen to be looking through rose tinted glasses, and I too have had a few rough comments aimed at me for some pertinent questions that I have asked and still not had answered, but I still support the project as best I can, despite being demoralised about the silence from TVOC.

I will add I am nothing to do with TVOC, I am merely one of those supporters/members who would love to see the first aircraft I worked on when I joined up back in the air.