PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2008, 18:11
Tim McLelland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally, I've pretty-much give-up with this saga. As you can see from the posts on here, people are very keen to argue about all manner of different aspects surrounding the story but none of this does anything to provide a solution. As I've said on previous posts, the only way forward is to get a clear and concise response from TVOC as to what has happened and what is likely to happen, without all the half-turths, media statements and all the other stuff.

This can only be done by one person or one group putting direct pressure on TVOC, or putting similar pressure on HLF to demand proper answers from TVOC. Simply arguing amongst ourselves is a great way to vent frustrations, but it solves nothing.

Worse still, I note that on enthusiast sites (particularly UKAR), people are saying all kinds of stuff and setting-up their own "action plans", letters to MP's and so on. It's complete chaos and of course the result will be that TVOC simply ignore all this activity as being insignificant babble from "plane spotters". Scattered attempts at half-hearted action is doubtless motivated by good intentions, but it's going to do nothing.

I think the whole saga is a lost cause to be honest. If there are people all over the place making different demands, asking different questions, offering different suggestions and so on, this saga is just going to plod-along in ever-decreasing circles while TVOC happily do whatever they like, behind closed doors. It's pointless even getting involved.

I'm at risk of repeating myself again here, but unless someone with political, media or legal clout comes forward to spearhead a proper effort to find-out what's been going-on and what can be done, then there will be nothing for everyone to get behind, which means all this misery will just continue for no obvious purpose. It's utterly pointless.