PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New rostering rules at EK
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2008, 17:38
Bird On

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Know about the last trainers meeting thanks. Its nice you have a forum to discuss such issues, unlike the line scum. Thanks again for raising all those issues. Not much in the way of answers though was there!!!!!

For months and months now trainers have been bending the ear of management with all their woes. Scummy line pilots getting better trips, better rosters, more days off, more productivity pay(as if they hadn't worked for it) etc etc.To improve their own conditions trainers have continued to hold up what little perceived advantages the line pilots had as some kind of easy yardstick to springboard off.

In this case the complaining backfired. Instead of bowing to the trainers and saying "your right to be fair we're going to give all you guys 11 days off in a row too", management just took the option away from everyone. Of course their was some reaction by trainers after the event. Now when they go back to the line either forced or voluntarily(as many will end up doing) one of the few benefits of flying the line has gone. So please don't get all altruistic on me. Of the many trainers I have spoken to at Emirates, not one has ever said they decided to get into training because they actually want to help and contribute to the development of other pilots. ( I think we all now the usual answers by now)

Of course its not entirely the fault of trainers, but seeds get sown, watered and grow in the minds of endearing managements such as EK's, so one thing we don't need any of is white-anting, not even just a little bit.

Anyway enough....your an incredibly talented group and I really do Luv Ya's.