PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Listen to RYR pre flt or get off!
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2008, 15:20
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me first say that I ALWAYS shut up for the briefing, no matter how bad it is, and I still get annoyed by people that seem to be trying to deliberately make themselves heard over it as if it is an unwanted inconvenience.

For an intelligent man, Dr T obviously didn't see what was coming when he crossed the line

The other day I shut up and complied with what seemed to me to be an unnecessarily brusque instruction, largely because I am a great believer in respecting authority onboard. Once on board, I am committed to aviate and that's when I do my best to switch into crew knows best mode.

I was one of the first onboard and took the seat nearest the front steps.

I put my 10kg bag (inflated courtesy of BAA airports retail arm to about 15kg), and my 2.5kg overcoat up into the bin, and set my innocuous 1kg Pret a Manger bag down by my feet while I settled my 105kg down in the seat and prepared to dig in.

Number 1 then decided my obvious branded and bagged breakfast needed to be in the bin. With a smile I said "yep I know, but its my breakfast, don't worry I'll make sure I put the bag up well before we leave."

"I need you to put the bag up now for me" he said with no please and no hint of a smile.

I got the message, complied but took the croissant and drink out and thought "He's a bit OTT".

It was another full fifteen minutes before the doors were shut. At that point with no smile because by then I deduced he might take it the wrong way, I handed him my empty drink container which unlike his terseness, I had been unable to swallow

I think they employ quite a mixed bag, and of course they attract a mixed bag of clientele too with a mixed bag or three of hand luggage by the time they arrive in the cabin

So naturally my thoughts on this one are mixed

I agree however that it is more likely than not that the man fully deserved what he got