PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AoA of the A330 Main Landing Gear
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2008, 14:16
Chris Scott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Notation (Symbols) in Navigation

Hello Air Franz,

I stand corrected! Good luck with your enquiries. I presume you know that, unlike the A300/A310, the A330/A340 seem to have a positive, rather than negative, "AoA". [I suggest "angle of incidence", or "Rigger's angle of incidence", might be a more appropriate term than AoA But I'm sure Messier-Hispano-Bugatti, or whoever designed the L/G, would have a better expression. Could it be called the "angle of dangle" of the truck/bogie, perhaps?]

Sorry I cannot help further; surely someone else will.

Chris

PS

So you are in India, not France... Since this is the technical forum, you will forgive me for pointing out that your stated location, 82' 30", implies "82 minutes, 30 seconds". So now you will understand why I guessed (wrongly?) that you might be in France, specifically at the longitude of the eastern boundary of Toulouse-Blagnac aerodrome (1 degree, 22 minutes, 30 seconds EAST). Blagnac and St Martin-du-Touch are the local towns, and the A330/A340 assembly hall is across the airfield, about 2 km away...

If you wish to avoid navigation error, perhaps you should change your stated location from 82' 30" to 82° 30' ?