PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 9 Hurt in Air Transat Emergency Landing in Azores
Old 26th Aug 2001, 17:26
Deep Float

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I thought this to be a thread about the Air Transat A330 incident at LPLA recently.
But as usual, it has ended up in a slanging match between frêle ego's who know their stuff and someone who has a somewhat thicker skin and, not being a pilot, the victim of his so-called ignorance. Ignorance for not having ATP or Engineer's level aircraft knowledge, to be exact. But maybe the Guvnor (I have never met him, by the way) 's an aviation professional, but in a different field. Pilots still seem to forget that it takes more that just them to form an airline. And as this is a forum for aviation pro's, he has as much right to vent his opinion and -all he was doing in my eyes- seek background information from other aviation pro's, pilots or not. I know the man has slipped up badly in the past (I remember Laywer Girl in particular), but so have I and most other people, maybe just not so public.

In short, keep to the subject, and if you can't stop slagging others off, them it's maybe YOU who should keep quiet.

I feel a response coming......

[ 26 August 2001: Message edited by: Deep Float ]