PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do I land a job with Cebu Pacific?
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2008, 11:41
Filam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amen to that Brother

I love flying. How many can say that your office in the sky? I too left my lucrative career to fly heavy metal. If you love what your doing it won't feel like work. It should be your passion. I second vote on that brother. Here to the skies fellas!

God bless!

Filam

p.s.

Here's an encouraging article the my buddy emailed me. This should get everyone hyped up about this awesome company!

Ane now for the news...

Business

Cebu Pacific inaugurates new ATR turbo-prop aircraftBy Rudy SantosThursday, February 28, 2008
Cebu Pacific (CEB), the airline that introduced the “Show Me” games in its domestic flights, inaugurated last Tuesday its first brand new ATR 72-500 turbo-prop aircraft, one of 18 to be acquired in the next two years.
Tourism Secretary Joseph “Ace” Durano, who was the guest of honor, praised the airline for “fun flights” saying that due to its unique approach, CEB “has written new rules for the aviation industry.”
“The Philippines is now the third largest growing domestic market after India and Mexico , faster than China ,” Durano said.
According to the tourism chief, when CEB started operating out of Bangkok and other ASEAN countries, the Department of Tourism saw a double-digit growth in arrivals from those same countries into the Philippines .
“We are confident that with the success of CEB, we would also see a continuous growth in the Philippine’s tourism industry,” he said.
Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) head executive assistant Robert Uy, speaking in behalf of general manager Alfonso Cusi, welcomed the introduction into the country of the 72-seater aircraft, which promises to lower prices because of its low operating requirements.
CEB is one of the stakeholders at the MIAA, and we are happy to see the continued strong growth of your company, which also coincides with our collateral growth in terms of passengers and flights,” Uy said.
Once a struggling budget airline, CEB now claims to be the country’s largest domestic carrier and the biggest airline to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) region.
CEB president and CEO Lance Gocongwei said the new aircraft will play “a very significant role in our carrier’s domestic network expansion. It will enable us to service destinations with runway length and strength limitations as well as mount more inter-island flights.”
He cited the airline’s growth in the domestic market at 47 percent, while its international passenger carriage grew by 141 percent in 2007.
“We have succeeded in enticing first time flyers to travel by making the lowest fares available all year round. With the addition of the ATRs to our fleet, travelers can further enjoy a country that is teeming with beauty and unique attractions,” Gocongwei said.
The airline will use its first ATR to service its five-times daily Manila-Boracay (Caticlan) and daily Manila-Laoag routes starting tomorrow, Feb. 29.
Because of the aircraft’s short runway requirements, CEB, which has been operating out of 20 domestic destinations, is expected to be able to use 30 more feeder airports out of the country’s 85 airports, many of which have been abandoned by other carriers due to the prohibitive cost of fuel.
The airline expects to take delivery of six ATRs this year and another four in 2009. ATR is the world leader in the 50 to 74-seat turboprop market. This fleet expansion is valued at over $300 million.
CEB will also take delivery of four brand new Airbus 320 this year. The company hopes to have a fleet of 25 by yearend with six ATRs and 19 A320/319. This will be used to achieve its target of carrying more than seven million passengers this year.

CEPAC is a promising company to work for. What does that mean for us pilots? It means job stability and better equipment. Something to think about. Hope this is an encouragement for everyone! Here's two verses that's close to my heart ladies and gentleman.

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will blest the desires of your heart!"

"Seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness and everything shall be added unto you."

If flying is your desire and your passion. Seek Him first. Eventually, we'll all make it. Just practice patience and perservere. All the hard work and sacrifices will pay off.

God bless!

Filam