PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Colour Vision and Class 1
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2001, 00:39
anengineer

Eagle, sorry but I can't give you an answer on that - the old CAA regs state that your licence would be endorsed 'Colour Defective - SAFE'. I'm not sure what the score is now - maybe someone else knows (if there's anyone left bar me & GiJoe reading this anymore !)

...as for my earlier post mentioning my optimism.. I have discovered this from an older thread...

3. Must an applicants' training and testing, e.g. skill tests/medical tests etc., be carried out in one JAA member State?

For licence issue the answer is yes. See JAR-FCL 1.065. All training and testing shall be undertaken under the supervision of one JAA member State. This State becomes the State of Licence Issue. Further ratings can be obtained in any JAA member State and will be added to the licence by the State of Licence Issue (the procedure for this is stated the Joint Implementation Procedures (JIP) document paragraph 14.1.1.3).

So, is my theory of getting a Class 1 in a member state that uses an easier lantern test (if, indeed any of the others are easier than the HW) out of the window ?
The wording of that excerpt is a little confusing - it implies that you cannot, for example, take a Class 1 in, say Holland, then go to the US to do flight training.

Secondly, despite my letter from the CAA stating that there is 'technically no restriction' on the number of times you can take the HW test, 'Localiser' says in the same thread The bad news is though, they were not prepared to give me a retest at all until I got the RAF involved so if you haven't got anything like that to back your arguement you could well be fighting a losing battle

The thread, btw is at http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/For...ML/000235.html

I also note that 'Grob103' was fighting hard then and has thrown in the towel now (no offence meant to you mate), and it has rather disheartened me...

Whilst I have taken the HW at Gatwick, many years ago, I have never tried a full Class 1 - so maybe, just maybe, I have one last shot at it.

I don't know... I'm beginning to think I should have left my 'sleeping dog lie' rather than get all my hopes up again.

I've been fighting this for too many years and I'm getting tired.