PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2008, 08:36
Sandgrounder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, I should be starting in October, medical permitting, so getting a little bit ahead of myself for specifics, but maybe someone currently there could answer a couple...

Finances could be tight for a while so trying to save up a wedge beforehand - what exactly do you take home each month? I saw a NATS doc. saying £680 a month after tax and pension?, then add to that about £250 for the accom. payment?

How much a week are people paying for the guest houses? I could stay with the missus' folks in Fordingbride(!) for cheaper, but as I'm thinking of cycling in, Fordingbridge might be too far compared to Boscombe.

Actually, on cycling - is it feasible? i.e. roads / access, changing facilities, somewhere to store bike?......and as we're on the subject, anyone else starting in October a budding triathlete (or runner / cyclist)? Would be good to have a ready made training partner! - I hear the Bournemoth triathlon in July each year is meant to be a good one.

Anyone else been told probably October?

Cheers

PS. I'll add some thoughts on the selection process to help anyone going through at the mo' - will try and do it soon as sounds like some have their stage 3 shortly...