PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Colour Vision and Class 1
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2001, 04:19
anengineer

GiJoe - Great News !!!!

I think that definitely IS progress.

I think I can answer your question regarding resitting the HW lantern. I have a letter that I think I posted here a while back stating much the same as yours on this point, but adding that there was 'technically no reason why you cannot sit the test more than once, but there is no point as colour vision is a static condition' [or words to that effect). So it would seem to imply that their written rules for testing only state that you need to pass the HW lantern, and as much as they don't like it, 'technically' you could sit it a hundred times until you got it right ?
...you never know ! There are loopholes in all sorts of things.. (though I think they would put up a damn good fight to stop you if you had to keep trying !)

Secondly, it's very interesting to note that they mention other JAA countries colour tests. I think we now need to establish;[*] Whether a Class 1 obtained in one JAA state is valid in all[*] A full list of colour testing methods in ALL JAA states[*] Which one is the easiest to pass !

The potential here, given a good answer to point 1, is great. ..taking it to extremes, you could renew your class 1 each year simply by nipping over to the state you passed in originally.

...nah.... I'm letting my optimism run away with me !

Your point on the Ishihara plates confused me a bit - The 'confuser' plates where there is no image, are to be identified too - as ones with nothing on. ...is that what you meant ?

Anyway - I think we have some research to do, don't you ! I will try to get a list of JAA state medical depts and lets see where this path may lead us.

As for my bashing on the other thread - I part incited it, it's good for motivation to get a kick up the arse from time to time !

------------------
"I am safe to fly, this is unjust, it's my dream and damn you, you WILL give me a licence"

[This message has been edited by anengineer (edited 01 June 2001).]