PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2008, 06:06
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You may be right but its rynair you quote and the past history of bhx and rynair is not good and it may only take a change of charges to change rynairs plan.
Very doubtful - BHX and FR have taken a very long time to reach an agreement that suits both (FR were in talks with BHX back in 2001 over a base well before they considered EMA) and if the rumour is true that FR are to operate from T2 they will have use of a facility that dare I say it is a lot better than many of the terminals they fly from across the UK and Europe (for now!). I have no idea of the deal struck between FR and EMA but considering it was when O Leary threw his toys out the pram over BHX I would imagine it was a lean deal for EMA particularly as at that time they were very keen to embrace scheduled flight expansion through loco ops. If anything (and this is pure speculation but this is a rumour site after all) it will be EMA that would have to rethink their deal with FR over charges in the long run......no FR base airport is safe from the whims of O Leary and his relentless drive to cut costs to the absolute bone