PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Internet Radios
Thread: Internet Radios
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2008, 00:56
Out Of Trim

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
My Logik IR100 was around £40 - but is about £70 now I think, and is a stand alone set. PC not required.

It can pick up around 5000 stations. You can access the station lists in various ways - Geographical or by Genre but, the basic way is by scrolling through a list of Continents, then select say Europe. Then select a Country. Say you select UK - you then have a list of say 840 stations in alphabetical order; and hence lots of scrolling until you find a station of interest.

You select that station and the screen says connecting / buffering takes place for say five or six seconds and then you should connect and your station will start playing.

You can save your favourites to presets and can also save more to a seperate list via Reciva's Web site under My Stuff - hence less scrolling then required. I have one preset to JFK Tower - ATC as it can be interesting sometimes!

Reciva makes the controller hardware and software for many of these sets and the Manufacturers construct a set around this. Thus, Reciva can update individual sets online through their web site; as each set has a unique serial number. New Firmware is quite often updated and then downloadable if required.

Last edited by Out Of Trim; 28th Feb 2008 at 01:33.