PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand's biggest Wings & Wheels Airshow? Yeh Right!
Old 27th Feb 2008, 21:25
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Komac2, I presume your reply was to my comments about the organiser.

I must admit my information is second hand but I believe still accurate. I stand by what I said. His assumptions and actions that upset operators on the airfield go right back to when the airshow was first mooted. He tried to run rough shod over so many people. People only discovered things that would affect them when they saw the publicity info. They hadn't been informed about what was to happen or how it was to happen.

Is it any surprise that some operators weren't forming a queue to give their consent.

There was never any thought given to what effect the airshow might have on operators based on the airfield nor any consideration of compensation for loss of earnings. In some cases the loss of earnings would not have been just for the airshow days, but would have stretched to over a week due to the setting up and removal of seating and displays etc.

It wasn't just sponsors who wanted the show to go ahead in some form or other, some of the affected operators also gave their support to ensure a show took place.

No doubt he was stressed towards the end, it was self inflicted. Right from the start he alienated a lot of people who might have helped him.