PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2008, 20:39
Iver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First timer here,

Thank you for indulging my questions - especially if they are redundant. I have a friend living in KL who will be applying for the SIA cadet program. I have a few questions for successful candidates and current applicants:

1. IF trained and then selected by SIA, what are the most likely aircraft to start on? Any trends for recent graduates (777, 744, A340)? Are graduates headed to SIA ever asked for a preference (i.e., 777 vs. 744)?

2. What percentage of graduates go to Singapore Cargo vs. SIA vs. Silkair?

3. For those selected for Silkair, what are the typical factors for that selection vs. SIA Cargo or SIA? Is it based purely upon need at Silkair or preference (short haul vs. long haul) or skill? Can you move from Silkair to SIA or SIA Cargo later once you have a certain amount of hours or experience? Do you see many transfers?

4. For a cadet who is selected for SIA, what is the potential upgrade time? 15 years?

5. Lastly, what is the estimated first year net pay for cadets once they get on the line (post training)? Is it the same for SIA, SIA Cargo and Silkair?

Thank you for all responses.

Last edited by Iver; 27th Feb 2008 at 20:55.