PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My experience with Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2008, 18:13
Flaps5speed180

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be in no doubt that there are some seriously deluded people flying for this airline. Which, unfortunately, makes me think that this guys post could be genuine.

If, for example, you used to fly for an airline in a part of the world where pay is not good and you feel unsafe to walk the streets at night, then living in Bishop's Stortford and working for FR won't seem very bad at all. In fact you might even say it was 'great'.

There are a lot of people like this in Ryanair. Flew with many guys recently who think FR is the best thing since sliced bread.

In terms of changing things in FR I am now of the opinion that union recognition is about as realistic as me stepping foot on the moon. The turn over of pilots is too high to get any kind of cohesion to form a strong union presence. Add to that the fact that most guys joining FR are either from overseas and are happy with FR's T&C's or they are fresh out of flying school and don't want to put their necks on the line, and you can see it just isn't going to happen.