PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Risky IL-76 Take-off Captured on Video
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2008, 12:50
Look For The Rainbow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First time using PPRuNe, maybe some advise?

Hi People! First of all wish you all safe take offs and landings always. I have a small question unrelated to the IL76 take off, it is my first time on PPRuNe, and forgive me for intruding in like this. I am a new upgraded captain, and a while a go on a certain airfield I did 2 missed approaches and on my third attempt I landed. Required vis for landing was 1200m, tower reported it at 4000m, so did ATIS, but during the first approach tower said it was 600m. No problem, we continued to the approach ban, at which I saw at least 2000-3000m vis! I requested to do the approach to the MDA, and that was followed by a go arround. Another appraoch was attempted (fuel not being a factor, and CRM not an issue, my F/O and I knew we could do it on the second attempt), which was also preceded by a go around. Went into holding for half an hour, vis improved and we landed uneventful. My question is, would this demote me to an F/O or terminate my employment? Had something like this happened in anyones airline where a Captain got demoted or fired? Right now I am gounded and I am waiting for the Investigation to end, but just worried. Someone please advise, now matter how harsh, thank you.