PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My experience with Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2008, 11:37
potkettleblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Often you don't know how good or bad a place is until you have left. Its a bit like our old flying schools. Most of us would say we had the best training, instructors etc. Reality is we don't know as we didn't do the CPL or IR twice or more times to find out what it is like somewhere else.

I know that my airline has its faults. But on the plus side I sure am happy with my defined benefit pension, a published payscale going forward for the next 20 or so years, sector pay, 1 seniority list, free crew meals, free water, free tea and coffee, a paper to read on the turnaround, good standard of hotels for overnights, carparking, and a uniform provided.

Now I have never flown for FR nor would I wish to thanks. Incidentally from mates flying for them the problems seem to arise later down the line when you have been in a few years. Erosion of terms and conditions, constant moving of goal posts, command promotion issues etc. Unfortunately a year is nothing in this business. Good luck and enjoy your flying.