PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2008, 10:47
1967kev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage 3 and erm.....erasers!!!!

Hi,

Seems to be a few people on here about to sit their stage 3 interview. I did mine last week and was lucky enough to be successful. Here is a rundown of what happens...

You perform a small group exercise with the ATCO's and HR persons in the morning. Don't worry to much about this as we all found it funny as well as straight-forward. Then the interviews begin. I had to wait from 09:30 until 13:45 so be prepared to do quite a bit of waiting. The good thing for me was that we had lunch with the ATCO's before I had my interview so it gave you a chance to get to know them before they interviewed you!!

In my interview, the HR lady asked me some pretty basic HR questions for about half an hour (EG. Tell me about a time when you made a quick decision?) Be prepared to answer sub questions of the original, they will do a bit of digging! Then the ATCO takes over. To be honest I was expecting a grilling on the technical side of the job, however the majority of his questions were geared towards my personality. There is some technical questions so be well prepared. Before my stage 3, I was lucky enough to visit both Glasgow Tower and Prestwick ACC. The reason I visited both is because they are different to each other and I wanted to get the big picture. When I told the ATCO at my interview I had visited both, he seemed interested and it gave us some really good talking points. I also read the book "Air Traffic Control" by Graham Duke which was very helpful as well.

For the guys who are sitting stage 1 soon.....don't draw on an eraser, you'll spend more time erasing the drawings on your eraser than actually answering the questions!!!

Anyways best of luck to everyone who is going through the process and, as usual, if anyone has any other questions, just PM me

Kev