PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ortho-K
Thread: Ortho-K
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2001, 06:50
Sabo

I used the ortho-k lenses for around six or seven years. I used them strictly for passing a class one medical and to gain entry to a program requiring 20/20 uncorrected vision. It has been more then ten years since I used them. The doctors did the basic peering at my eyes, but I don't recall any corneal topographical map test, but imagine testing is more rigorous these days. They served their purpose, at the time, but I found wearing the hard lenses very uncomfortable. It was like having a speck of dust in your eye all the time. I used to check my watch all the time to see how much longer I had to wear them. Later on when 20/20 uncorrected vision was not a medical requirement, I gave up the lenses, as they were very impractical. The promises of eventually only having to wear the lenses once a week as a retainer never happened. I had to wear them for a minimum of 4 hours everyday, to be lense free the rest of the time. If I didn't wear them for a few days, it would take a few days to reach 20/20 again. My prescription was only 20/50 in the first place.

Good luck