PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continually failing RAF Fitness Test.
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2008, 06:59
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by musclemech
In theory, if you have a good attitude to fitness, and exercise regularly it would be unlikely that you would fail the test, BUT the system does allow for discretion at the various points of the procedure. For instance, the Flt Cdr my see that Bloggs has improved his run score on his third failure, and even though it is still a fail may not take the appropriate third-fail action at that time, as he (Bloggs) would appear to be making an effort to pass the test (and therefore showing good attitude to it).
We spoke last year. My tub of lard is still a tube of lard, fortunately he is someone else's problem. Even making him the fitness officer failed as he found some excuse not to attend the fitness brief at our parent unit

As has been pointed out, there is some exercise that a lard arse with a poorly arm can do. I mean he hasn't been to see the doc in 2 years as I can recall. I bet he will try for a disability pension when he retires. Then he will find the lack of medical reports will weaken his case.

In my case I had medical reports going back 20 years and I had not set out to build a history. I got a lump sum in 2001 and now a pension in 2008 as my back has got worse - I can't break into a run or jog without some serious preparation first like a 5-10 minute warm up. Not talking about the intentin to run a mile but run across a road