PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotary to Fixed Wing
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2008, 21:25
Adios

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got it slightly wrong above. I read LASORS section D1.2(D) today and it is as r44flyer stated. Up to 30 hours of helicopter PIC counts towards the 200 total hours needed for CPL(A) license issue. It does not count to the 100 hours PIC needed for same. Effectively, this means it counts in hour building for the 150 needed to undertake a CPL(A) course.

If Allanon1980 takes those 30 hours of rotary PIC time, plus 120 more total hours from both his PPL(A) and his hour building, he is likely to have about 70-80 hours PIC(A). His CPL and IR will get him over the 200 hours total time needed for the CPL(A), but he will still be 15-20 hours short of PIC(A) needed for license issue (assuming 10-15 solo hours while working on the PPL(A)).

This begs the question as to why the CAA allow the 30 hours rotary PIC to count in the first place? All it really does is allow one converting from H to A to start a CPL(A) flying course a bit sooner by cutting off the need for 30 hours of time building toward 150, but then forces them to do more fixed wing hour building to apply for the license.

Have I missed something, or is this what others get from LASORS?

I'm sorry if the maths make your head spin. That's usually the way it is with all things LASORS.