PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MEP renewal
Thread: MEP renewal
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2008, 18:13
Wilga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MEP renewal

Evening all.
I have an interview in 2 weeks for a regional airline. Already passed the aptitudes. My question is this. I have kept my IR current since completing training 18 months ago. However I have not kept my MEP class rating valid. In hindsight, what I should have done last August when I did my IR renewal was to do the renewal in the aircraft rather than sim and got the MEP rating done aswell. As I didn't do this Iam now faced with the situation of going into an interview and hopefully sim after without the multi class rating. Will the airline look badly on this? Does it really matter as I won't be flying pistons if Iget the job? I am going to get my rating revalidated as I'd like to hire a Seneca etc from time to time when finances allow. I just want to avoid spending £600 on revalidating it right now unless absolutely necessary as I'm counting on spending around £1000 on getting prepared for the sim assesment if Iget through the interview. I'd really appreciate your views on this and any experiences you have had of heard of with a positive/negative outcome..
Thankyou very much and enjoy your evening