PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near Point Convergance
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2001, 02:56
Cypres

Lightning Ace,

I’m having problems with my eyesight and a Class 1 Medical at the moment. Believe me I know how you are feeling, I’ve done a lot of hurried research into eyesight recently since failing my Class 1 due to excessive long-sightedness in my right eye. Something that I’m actively pursuing at present is ways to improve my sight without glasses or invasive procedures.
I’ve enlisted the help of a Bates’s teacher and it’s providing very real results. Have a look at www.seeing.org for more info and as I’ve said in other posts take a look at some of Mr Magoo’s posts. For God’s sake don’t let any butcher near your eyes until you have exhausted every other possibility. And then still don’t do it. When looking at the Bates’s info keep an open mind. The conventional wisdom touted by opticians is that once your eyesight deteriorates you can’t do any thing about it. That’s simply not true. You can (and I am).
Now I'm not qualified to say whether Bates's methods can help your particular condition, but from what I've seen so far(pun definitely intended) I'd put money on it.

Good Luck

Cypres