PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New rostering rules at EK
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2008, 14:14
ekpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poor us, just got optimized again and some are happy...

That's is how it will be. The guys in lower bids will get better rosters for a while of course. Since you can't get more then 14 days off in the upper bids you get more flights assigned. But wait a minute. What is going to happen in the long run? More planes, more flights, more hours. No problem there is now room to fit much more flights with much less pilots available and for cheaper. If we have to create rosters with more than the monthly hours no problem. Make them all do 100 hours and more. This way we pay them less for those hours, because after the monthly hours you don't get 12% or 15% in your provident fund, And if you are senior the money they give you doesn't cover your hourly rate... for those who can calculate it. So for now it looks like the bottom guys have nice schedule. I am top this month and can definitely see an flight extra that i never had to do before this change. You guys have no idea... they did not do this change for nothing i promise you. It will hurt in the long run that's for sure. There will be no planes grounded here as long as there are people. They will make us work 140 hours a month, and find a way to say we work less. Just before the pay review! You really have to be an idiot to think you will get more money. If you work 10 hours to get 100$ you don't get more if you get 120$ and work 12 hours. Wait and see the new changes that will come with the pay review. It's written all over the walls. Last year was the flight pay. This year? Some will still be "happy".

Keep Discovering