PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nationwide Sold
Thread: Nationwide Sold
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2008, 12:51
FUG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Employee:
As you are well aware there has been a great deal of speculation in the media about Nationwide Airlines, our future, and
potential investment or acquisition. We are aware that this has been quite unsettling for you. It is unfortunate that we
have not been in a position to communicate with you on these matters due to non‐disclosure agreements that have been in
place therefore restricting communication about our ongoing negotiations.
We have now concluded negotiations with black investment partners and are pleased to advise you that we have signed a
Memorandum of Understanding which ultimately will result in the investment partners acquiring the majority shareholding
of Nationwide Airlines and the group of companies.
This is a very exciting process as this will bring many new resources to the table including the recapitalization of the
company. In the upcoming weeks we will be planning the way forward in a participative manner with all employee groups
and will openly discuss plans for fleet renewal, employee share holding options, improvement of services, current
resources/reporting structures and opportunities for improvement to mention but a few.
This process will commence at the start of March and will continue through April and possibly May.
It is widely recognized by our new partners that our employees are the strength of the company. Although new structures
and improvements may be implemented, we wish to assure you that the jobs of all employees remain secure. The
intention is to grow the airline, introduce more expertise in key areas and expand our network. We intend to communicate
with you regularly and would urge you to take the time to communicate your ideas and suggestion to us to enable us to
grow Nationwide into a formidable force.
Once again, may I extend my personal thanks to each and every employee for the hard work and dedication that has been
shown. I am fully aware that the last few months have been particularly taxing for all. The news of our new partners is only
good and I ask that you embrace the changes that will come as we can only but benefit in this process.
Sincerely,