PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Professional Pilot Training and tax credit in UK
Old 26th Feb 2008, 12:30
Philpaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well its a good job I'm not getting away with anything or for that matter advocating anything. Merely saying it could be done (illegitamately) if said student so desired.
I wouldn't do it myself, but in a world where you get taxed on everything you earn, evrything you spend, everything you save, your home, your car and your training, I can understand why people would/do fiddle the tax man.
As I said i dont do it but the temptation is always there not to declare cash in hand work or bump up your company milage, claim your new 42" LCD was a training aid etc... and i dont hold anything against those that do. I find if you concentrate too much on other peoples business you can often lose track of where your own is heading.
Anyway, I'll leave the self rightous to there own as we are at risk of creeping off the subject, as is re-itterated many times on this forum, the choice is yours to make, and so is the onous to make the right one!

Paz