PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2008, 12:11
eu01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ESCNI
Yesterday, their new website contained the automatic inclusion of taxes and passenger duties but today it seems to have gone...

...or did I just dream it?
Originally Posted by jack_essex
This is so frustrating. The website takes around 5 minutes just to show details of a flight, and then times out before you can even go the the next stage of booking. At the moment I do not want to send my credit card details through their website if the page is constantly timing out.
I bet they are swearing and damning and desperately trying to get the booking pages work in any possible way. Don't blame them today. There is, however, a catch. They have probably bet on a lame rooster. As cautious and leery with the investments as MOL can be...

Just think. The Ryanair's policy has traditionally been to avoid main airports, because they are too big, too expensive, too unefficient. So why on Earth did they decide to rely upon Microsoft-based software? Big, expensive, unefficient. And, above all, resource-hungry. The hardware that you could have used with Linux or even W2k will be far too insufficient with all these new MS- technologies requiring XP or even Vista.

Nobody's infallible, but FR has just made some wrong decisions; concerning the routes development, the relations with their customers, now this BIG FLOP (as it seems).

According to FR news: “Our new, improved booking engine will enable us to welcome millions of additional passengers as we double in size to 100m passengers per annum.

I think they have painted themselves into a corner and that will cost them much (in many ways).