PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 9 Hurt in Air Transat Emergency Landing in Azores
Old 25th Aug 2001, 01:30
Squawk 8888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Both my sister and I have had the misfortune of being SLF on Air Transat flights so I am glad to hear that their maintenance ops are being audited. I'm sure their pilots are first-rate, but their operation on the ground is nothing short of abysmal- in dealing with them I get the sense that they couldn't marshall a one-float parade. It is impossible to obtain info on flights (I once called their arrival info line and got a recording of the status of all flights from a date three months earlier), check-in counters are often deserted at departure time, all tech problems are handled for the convenience of the carrier (they once forced all pax to sit on A/C in Cuba for 10 hours because they didn't want to use a shop in Florida), cabin crew are rude to the extreme and their on-time record is a sick joke. With all of that happening in full view of the customers, I shudder to think of what must be going on behind the scenes.