PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Int/Sim Prep
Thread: QF Int/Sim Prep
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2008, 05:08
Hugh Jarse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I am also interested in thoughts as to whether getting sim experience prior is a worthwhile experience or is it better to play it straight.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "play it straight", Koizi.

If you are looking to get a run in the sim beforehand, ring the main switchboard and ask for flight simulator external sales. They can quote you on the price of the sim + instructor to take you through some general handling & prep.

Doing this type of prep is no longer looked upon as "cheating". It demonstrates you have a strong desire to get the job, and the sim is only one facet of overall modern-day interview preparation. Interview and S&P coaches are also in big demand at the moment from aspirants in this industry.

Without knowing your background, I'd recommend no more than 1 to 1.5 hours practice, particularly if you are new to full motion jet sims. You'll be shagged out if you go any longer, and any extra time will be a waste of your money. Do the run no more than a few days prior to your interview sim.

If you're specifically going for QF or QFLink, forget about the NG sim at Darling Harbour. There is little or no benefit to be had. If you're going for Jetstar, think about Alan Mann and the Classic sim.

Good luck to your family.