PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will a USA FTO on the CV Hinder Employment?
Old 25th Feb 2008, 23:48
ElSupremo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope US/Canadian training doesn't hinder employment chances as I'm too tempted to do my training in either the USA or Canada.

I've been given the names of a few schools in the US and Canada which offer the correct training i.e. OBA (Omond Beach Aviation), OFT (Orlando Flight Training in Florida) and MFC (Moncton Flight Training in Canada) which all apparently offer training for less than £30k. However, if I did my training entirely to US/Canadian standards (FAA instead of JAR is it?) and got a job over there how much cheaper would it be? What would be the cheapest option either way (i.e. USA/Canadian v UK/Euro)? Essentially, what is the lowest amount that one can become a pilot either in the UK or USA/Canada? Is less than £20k achievable?

Sorry if none of that makes sense... I'm rather new to the technicalities.

Edit - I've just found out that OFT will do it for about £20k and OBA for about £27k. Sounds like a great deal as compared to UK based schools?!

Is there a website which lists the prices of flight school's courses (i.e. fATPL) anywhere? Looking at each school individually is driving me insane!

Last edited by ElSupremo; 26th Feb 2008 at 00:17.