PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Int/Sim Prep
Thread: QF Int/Sim Prep
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2008, 22:54
Brown Cow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey dudes. I did the sim about a month ago. I didn't find the sim too difficult even though I dont have much IF experience. You take off melbourne rwy 16, do a left turn and do some climbing/desending and steep turns. Then I did a couple of ndb intercepts and got vectored on the 16 ils. Did a missed approach, some more climb/desending then the twin locator. All up took about 40 mins. I did a alot of practise on micro soft flt sim and i think it helped. Flying the sim didn't feel much different to the chieftein that i normally fly, perhaps even easier, as it seems very stable. They give you power settings and attitudes before you get there and it is good to memorise these as they work pretty much exactly. especially on the approaches 2.5 dgress nose up and 125 kts will fly a perfect glideslope

For the interview, it was all about past experiences and things I had learnt. There were no questions on qantas history, or technical aircraft questions. Here are some examples of what they did ask
How did you prepare for today
How do you think you went in the sim
When have you experienced conflict at work
When have you been in a leadership position
When have you had to stand up for yourself
Have you ever broken the rules
Have you ever bent the rules
Have you ever been told to break the rules
When have you made a bad decision
What was your greatest challenge in being a pilot.

There was a few more, but they were generally like this. Interview went for about an hour. It is hard to know what answers they are looking for as they did seem to give any sort of reaction any of my answers. Got a letter of intent to employ about 2 weeks after.

Good luck