PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA- Alcohol and other Drugs Survey
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2008, 21:33
Matt-YSBK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a test that is given to asses if a drug user is a drug addict. It is word for word as about 50 others available on the internet. (Google is your friend) It's plagiarism plain and simple.

I cant wait for "contractors" (said little Hitlers) to burst into your hangar demanding you take a breath test and a cheek swab. Or worse still flagging you down in the run up bay.

I just cant see how the random testing of private pilots will work. How the hell can these guys pull this off safely and if someone is intoxicated and they see them in the run up bay whats to stop them just taxi past line up and blast off. Hay there pissed i dont think they are going to care they didn't do a run up. Will these contractors be insured correctly to be air side anyway. If you chop one to bits who will pay. (for your bulk strip that is)

Also i guess the way i read it it's an end to the weekend air side hangar bbq and beers. They can get you on the way out of the air side gate if you over .02 your busted even if you had no intention on flying or had some beers with the boys after the days operations.

and again all this from one event at Hamilton Island where sadly some people lost there lives but the report never blamed the night before's alcohol or drug use they said it may have been a contributing factor. The fact is the poor guy had an engine fail. In a very heavy single with water on one side and a mountain on the other. Hangover or not i would not guarantee that any pilot could get out of a situation like that.

Where is the evidence that this money spent will save lives in private aviation. It could be much better spent in countless ways. If we had pissed pilots shooting up in the runup bay and pulling cones on down wind crashing every second day then i could understand it.
But we dont.

GO EASY ON THOSE POPPY SEED BUNS KIDS.