PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK or QR, enlighten me please
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2008, 20:50
Flircat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QR F.O. vs home Capt.

Hello there. It seems that lately the negative postings on QR have spread like butter on a hot pan, specially on what concerns UPGs. I have passed an inteview and have been given a choice to join QR as a F.O. A330 but also, "coincidentally", I have been given a letter of promotion to A320 Capt. from my current company half way around the world from Qatar.

The issue for me is monetary mainly, since in QR in the position offered I would make more than double what I would here as Capt. But off course life here is not as expensive although we pay taxes.

I am still young, mid 30s, and always with the will to go out and see the world, learn from cultures and people from that side of the planet which is another reason why I would be tempted to accept the QR offering. And obviously the chance to fly a great airplane (A330) which can take me to see all that, while learning more from the Captains I would fly with. A great experience all and all.

What to do is the question in hand as the deadline approaches to tell both parties of my choice. I know that most of the guys that write here post negativeness all the time, I don't see anything positive for joining QR now as a F.O., which makes me wonder about some positiveness ever being there.

What would your suggestions be? And do you think the DEC requisities will lower later on, since I would really like to go there sooner or later?

Thanks in advance...