PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus pilots fly for nothing
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2008, 16:12
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paying for Line Training

In an answer to someones question...'Are Astraeus still doing this.'

Yes they are, I know of a few people who have went down this route after completing their 757-200 TR with Bond. From what I believe, if Astraeus were recruiting on this fleet, a cadet straight out of Bond Aviation who may have been approached by the airline via the TR provider would be informed that if they wished to be considered for the position they would have to purchase the line training package prior to any offer This is the story that circulated round my FTO when a number of guys straight out of their IR training signed up to the Bond/Astraeus program.

As said before, Eaglejet have been doing this for years....and from what I believe don't do a great job of it either. Recent stories from the wanabee forum involved people embarking on training with Eaglejet and Royal Air Maroc. Little good was said about the way it had been arranged. However I have little sympathy for anyone who signs up for these sort of deals and gets treated badly. More fool them!

There is also a company based in the UK called Sigmar which offers the TR/Line Training package on the A320. Their partner airline is no other than My Travel! Similar scenario to Astraeus, but with 350 hours.

I'm sure there are others, however they may not be as common